Sunday, July 20, 2008

God's faithfulness in our time of adversity

Kanika and I have been through a great deal. It hasn't been easy trusting so deeply in God. He has in deed shown Himself faithful. The following details God's faithfulness in our time of adversity as told to my brother in Christ:

Shawn,

I had a crying bride. She was angry and so was I when we found ourselves without a church two weeks before our wedding. We had no warning.
I did what I saw God do for you. I reached out to everyone I know with a simple question. Does anyone know if a "pretty church?" Almost immediately you answered my message. I instantly called the church and left a message on their voicemail. Crying all night, my bride was distraught, and so was I. (I wasn't crying, let's get that straight!) We prayed and the next morning at 8:15 The very church you told us of called me. They had our same wedding date and time open. The Bride visited the church 30 minutes after and certified it as "beautiful." I even saw a half smile on her face for a brief moment. Although it was expensive to book, we now have a "pretty church" for our wedding. God even sent new clients and family our way with cash in hand to pay for the new price. They didn't know that God was using them to give comfort to a crying bride.

What you did for us is simple, you pointed your finger at the right place for us. It was your belief in God and His provision that I have witnessed in the time that I have know you that encouraged me to reach out with faith that God would provide through his people for us.

Thank you my brother. We are happy to sow a seed into your ministry, and we believe that that God is making provision for your Church in every area. He is raising up people to bring to pass ALL that He has privately promised that He would perform, and He is doing it at the measure of your Faith. This is our prayer for you in Jesus name we pray, and believe. Amen.

Sincerely your brother in Christ,

James Riley

No comments: