Monday, December 3, 2007

Fall is here in Atlanta (officially)


November 15, 2007

Kanika says:
This past weekend was an emotional blurr. So much in fact, just thinking about it is exhausting. On Saturday, James and I were invited to a baby shower. No worries, men were there too. It was fun, but I also learned a good lesson about perception. I have this habit of inferring how James feels about things, instead of asking him head on. So when I was ready to go, I didn't come out and say it. Instead, I asked him if he was ready to go. Much to my chagrin, this nagging little behavioral flaw came out in our counseling session on Sunday. All I can say is, man our counselor's are GOOD. They know us really well and they seem to know me exceptionally well. They gave us some techniques to help us in our communication and really encouraged me to assert myself more. On one hand I was glad they were honest with me. But I got to tell ya, there was a part of me that dreaded the emotional upheaval that I'm in for. I mean, there's no where to hide when a great marriage is your goal. Don't get me wrong, I love being engaged to James. He's great, even when we don't agree and so compassionate too. But I think the idea of getting married was taking over the reality that marriage takes work, even before walking down the aisle. Praise God for our counselors and even my mom who shared some pretty raw truths this weekend. I'm still a little emotional about the whole thing, but at least I know that my best friend is with me and that God is guiding this thing every step of the way.

James says:
YO! YO! YO! I remember Kanika was so "wooh-sey" with love. She was like
"i don't even need a wedding ring....I would wear a glad tie wrap on my finger, thats all I need"
(as she batted hey eyelashes at me)...LOL She was really serious too! :-) I love her so much.
She is so special..I will love her all the days of my life. Kanika is still a romantic. I love how she takes the time to offer me help at every turn, while still managing to light the hallways up with her smiling face. She not just my fiance she my friend. My best friend.

James










James and Kanika at church

No comments: